Thursday, September 20, 2007

Tropical Dinner Part 4: Macadamia-Lime Green Beans

I’ve never eaten green beans almondine in my life, so imagine my surprise when I learned that what I thought was a clever way of dressing up green beans was pretty much an brightened up play on the old classic. In my version, lime juice replaces lemon juice, and the almonds have been jettisoned for macadamia nuts. I guess some things were just meant to go together. This would be a great side dish with pretty much anything, but it goes particularly well with the rest of the tropical-ish dinner 


Macadamia-Lime Green Beans
(serves 4 as a side dish)

1 pound green beans, either fresh or frozen
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
¼ teaspoon salt
12 macadamia nuts, lightly toasted and crushed

***************

If using frozen beans, cook according to package directions. Otherwise, trim the ends of fresh beans and cook for 4-5 minutes in a large pot of lightly salted boiling water. Drain in a colander and run cold water over the beans to stop the cooking.

Transfer the beans to a serving dish and toss with the lime juice, olive oil, salt, and crushed nuts.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...