Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Candy Cane Cupcakes


I made these mini cupcakes last week - they were supposed to be taken to my department's holiday party, but I ended up giving them to the bf and his coworkers because I ended up going home due to my not feeling so hot (I''m totally better now, save the for minor congestion).

The cupcakes are simple vanilla cupcakes, recipe courtesy of Amy Sedaris. I don't have the recipes for the frostings with me, but all I did was grind up candy canes in a spice grinder and replace some of the confectioners sugar in the frosting with the candy cane powder (the pink frosting is a vanilla cream cheese frosting, the chocolate frosting is a cocoa frosting made with Ghirardelli cocoa powder). After piping the frosting onto the cupcakes, I topped them off with a sprinkling of crushed candy cane.

2 comments:

danielle said...

Those are so cute!
ps - re: the blogger happy hour. We will miss you again! You should host the next one. 2008 is wide open. :)

M'nMs said...

looks nice and neat idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...