Sunday, October 11, 2009

Two great food events today!

A little last minute, but better late than never!

First up is Fierce and Sweet, the 1st Annual Brooklyn Bake Off to Benefit New York Cares. Lots of great contenders and guest judges, and it's all for a great cause. It's today from 1 pm - 4 pm at the East River Bar in Williamsburg. Tickets are $20, which gets you lots of sweets and a sense of satisfaction for donating to a good cause. [I was supposed to participate but a dear friend of mine is in town this weekend from London, so I didn't have the heart to be in the kitchen for the better part of the evening when I don't get to see her very often.]



The second event is the NYC VegFest - the website isn't all that informative, but it does tell me that Masta Killa of the Wu-Tang Clan is speaking at 3 pm. WHAT? That's what I thought too, so to find out, get yourself over to Tompkins Square Park in the East Village.

OK, that's it from me for now. I've got lots of great posts in the works, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...