This week's share is just begging to be turned into a Mexican meal!
Vegetables: 1 bunch scallions, 1 pint cherry tomatoes, 1 butternut squash (approx 1.5 pounds), 1 bunch cilantro, 1 bunch rainbow chard, 1 hot pepper (not sure what kind it is), 1 pound purple and green tomatillos, 1 pound summer squash
Fruit: 2.5 pounds apples, 1.5 pounds concord grapes
Here's what I'm making:
- Spicy tomatillo salsa (with the tomatillos, hot pepper, cilantro, and some of the scallions)
- Pico de gallo (with the cherry tomatoes and cilantro)
- Swiss chard tacos (based on a recipe from Rick Bayless' Mexican Everyday, which we love)
- Zucchini risotto with pecorino and basil
- Grilled scallions and leeks (from last week) with romesco
- Concord grape and fennel soda syrup
The apples are too good to cook with - they're perfectly crisp and just the right amount of sweet and I can't stop eating them!