Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Jackson Heights Indian Food Crawl - Sunday February 12

A few weeks ago, my friend Amy asked me if I wanted to host an Indian food crawl in Jackson Heights in February and there was no way I could say no to her.

So, this coming Sunday, Februrary 12, at 1 pm, I will be leading a small group on a culinary tour of Jackson Heights.  We'll stop at three places to sample samosas, chaat, dosa, and sweets such as gulab jamun, kulfi, and falooda, and we'll cap off the trip with a visit to my favorite grocery store in the neighborhood, where you can stock up on ingredients to try your hand at making Indian food at home (or just buy a bag of Lays Magic Masala potato chips, which are apparently my kryptonite).

It's free to come on the crawl but please bring approximately $40 to cover food expenses so that you can pay as you go.

There are only 8 6 spaces left, so send me an email soon if you want in!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...