We're back from Japan! We had an amazing time and had some (mis)adventures in eating, including a meal at a Zen temple, a dinner at a completely non-English speaking tofu restaurants, and lots of yogurt and rice balls from convenience stores.
Last week's share (week 13) ended up in the able hands of my friend Elise.
This week we got the following:
Vegetables: 1 bunch leeks, 1 pint grape tomatoes, 1 large (about 1 pound) eggplant, 2 pounds zucchini/summer squash, 1 pound string beans, 1 pound sweet peppers
Fruit: 4 pounds peaches
Here's what I'm making:
- Baingan bhartha
- Peppers stuffed with rice, black beans, zucchini, and pepper jack cheese with chipotle salsa
- Roasted pepper and zucchini tacos with tomatillo salsa and pickled radishes
- Spicy zucchini pecorino bread
- Penne with pesto, potatoes, and green beans
- Peach-raspberry jam
- Waffles with bourbon peaches
- The tomatoes got eaten as snacks by me and maybe Oscar (don't tell Matt)