Matt and I are off to Japan tomorrow (!!!!!!!!) so I had to cook/preserve/otherwise use everything in this week's share right away. A little planning and a couple of hours in the kitchen made that plan a not-so-painful reality.
Fruit: 1 pint raspberries, 2 lbs nectarines
Here's what I did with all of it:
- Baingan bhartha (a north Indian roasted eggplant dish - I used this week's eggplant, last week's plum tomatoes, spring onions from a few weeks ago, and green chile peppers from my mom's garden) - this went into the freezer for when we come back and I'll be too lazy to cook.
- Lettuce, sorrel, and apple juice - it was actually good and not sour from the sorrel as I had anticipated it to be.
- Roasted peppers
- Roasted zucchini (1 lb) - for pasta or grain dishes
- Shredded zucchini - for zucchini bread in the fall
- The grape tomatoes and cucumber were added to a salad for lunch today (and I may or may not have given a few tomatoes to Oscar as treats)
- The nectarines and raspberries were eaten as is; any remaining nectarines will get sliced and frozen.