Here's what I (actually, we) ate yesterday (Day 1). Recipes for the items in italics are coming soon.
Blueberry almond smoothie - photo from www.goop.com
- 7 am: Pint of room temperature water with juice of half a lemon
- 8 am: Mug of herbal tea (we're drinking Trader Joe's organic Renew tea, which is made with hibiscus, rosehips, licorice root, lemon peel, peppermint, nettle leaf, apple, and strawberry leaf - according to the box, it contains "a special blend of caffeine free organic herbs that help aid with digestion. Hibiscus helps detoxify while nettle leaf has natural anti-inflammatory properties."
- 10 am: Blueberry and almond smoothie made exactly according to the recipe on Goop
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1 scoop protein powder (we used the simplest one they had at GNC)
- 1 tablespoon greens + probiotics powder (we used Vitamin Shoppe's BioGreens)
- 11:30 am: 8 ounce glass of coconut water
- 1:30 pm: Lentils with sherry vinegar, parsley, and mizuna (replaces Goop's salmon with greens)
- 4 pm: Super greens juice made almost exactly according to the recipe on Goop. We don't have a juicer so I used the blender and added about 1/2 cup of water to get everything moving. This came out extremely thick and sludgy so we diluted it with water before drinking it. It still looked like swamp sludge but it actually didn't taste all that bad.
- 1 cup tightly packed kale leaves (I also used the upper portion of the stems)
- 4 stalks celery (I hate celery but amazingly I couldn't taste it in this drink)
- 1 1/2 pears, cored
- 1" piece of fresh ginger (I left the skin on)
- 1 lemon, zest and pith removed (I used a whole lemon because I don't know how to read directions
- 7 pm: Herbed quinoa with balsamic beets, beet greens, and maple-coriander roasted squash
Day 2 is a little more austere so let's see how I feel later today...