Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Detox: Day 5

I will finish up my posts on detox before this week is over!

Day 5 was last Friday and it was fairly similar to most of the days the preceded it:

Quinoa with oranges, butternut squash, chickpeas, and arugula from www.veggienumnum.com

  • 7 am: Pint of room temperature water with juice of half a lemon
  • 8 am: Mug of herbal tea
  • 10 am: Mango, peach, and blackberry smoothie
  • 11:30 am: 8 oz glass of coconut water
  • 1:30 pm: Sambar with brown rice; spiced kale and lentils (both of these are South Indian dishes)
  • 4 pm: Handful of almonds
  • 8 pm: Orange-scented quinoa with roasted butternut squash, chickpeas, oranges, and arugula
    • This dish was based on this recipe - I made a few minor changes to adjust it to our tastes.  It was one of my favorite things I've made in a long while.  The oranges were such a brilliant addition and their sweetness, combined with that of the squash, was a nice counterpoint to the peppery arugula.
Our meals on Friday were pretty much what we would have eaten on any other day.  Perhaps I would have put feta cheese in our dinner, but it really wasn't necessary, and I think it may have actually detracted from the other flavors.  As you can probably tell, I had started to embrace this detox diet as the week went on.  But let me not speak too soon as days 6 and 7 have yet to be chronicled...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...